Soot (Furnace) Damage
While soot may resemble smoke residues from a fire, the restoration of soot damage often requires different techniques. Incorrect action can make restoration more difficult and delay the return to normal.
- First, call Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. for quick professional service.
- Change and save the old furnace filter.
- Blow off or brush-vacuum loose soot particles from upholstery, draperies and carpets.
- Cover upholstery with clean sheets before use.
- Attempt to wash walls, ceilings or contents without professional assistance.