Daily Bible Verse
“[Praise to the God of All Comfort] Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.” - 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Fire and Smoke Damage
After fire damage, it is natural to want to jump right in and clean the building and contents. Timely action can be a great help, but incorrect action can jeopardize or impede satisfactory restoration.
- First, call Arizona Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. for quick professional service.
- Clean and protect chrome trim on faucets and other brightwork by washing with detergent and applying a coating of Vaseline or oil.
- Blow off or brush-vacuum loose smoke particles from upholstery, draperies and carpeting.
- Open windows for ventilation if weather permits.
- Empty refrigerators and freezers if electricity is shut off, and prop doors open with a rolled towel or newspaper to allow air circulation.
- Pour antifreeze in toilet bowls, tanks, sink and tub drains to prevent freeze damage if heat is off in winter.
- Call a plumber to drain and blow out all water lines if heat is off in winter.
- Remove pets to a clean environment if heavy fire residues are present.
- Send a sample group of garments for cleaning and deodorization in order to observe the results.
- Retain a contractor to board up open windows, roofs, or other penetrations in order to prevent additional damage.
- Wipe or attempt to wash fire residues from walls, ceilings or other absorbent surfaces.
- Use carpeting or upholstered furniture impacted by heavy residues or debris.
- Use food items or canned goods exposed to heat.
- Turn on computers, TV's, stereos or electrical appliances until they have been cleaned and checked.